Tuesday, February 23, 2010

While We Were Away...


On February 7th, I was sitting on the couch with Mya. Ty disappeared into the bathroom with Daddy. Five minutes later, he emerged with a huge chunk of hair missing from the top of his head. Sylvester has been threatening to shave Ty's head since he was a baby, but I didn't think he'd really do it. Boy, was I wrong! I've had a couple of weeks to calm down and get used to it, but at first, wow, I was upset. I sat there watching all of Ty's curls fall to the ground and I just couldn't help but cry. I know it's silly to get so upset over it, but from the day Ty was born, he's had all of this dark curly hair. That hair was probably his most distinguishing feature, so for it to all be gone now was just a shock. For Sylvester's sake, it'd better grow back curly!

3 comments:

Nate Wendt said...

Come on, Ty looks handsome no matter what haircut he has. I love how Mya is just lying there in the background of the pictures. What cute kids.

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

he looks so handsome! i like it! but i understand your emotions about it. it is sad to see your kids grow up, and this is just part of that.

Family of 5 said...

Oh no!!! My friends who have mixed boys as well have said whenever they do that first haircut their kids hair always grows back in a different texture. I hope his curls come back, they were gorgeous :( You will always have your baby girls curls though!