Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ty's "Best Friends"

We've really been enjoying our early morning walks that we take daily.  
Ty's latest ritual has been to find an unsuspecting bug 
along the trail and carry it home with him.  
Once home, the bug is introduced to its new 
"home away from home," if you will.  
A medium sized bug jar is then filled with 
grass, mulch, leaves, sticks, and a small dropper full of water.  
Ty refers to his hostages as 
"his best friends."
  He holds them in his hands and even kisses them.  
Yes, kisses them!   

The next morning I must convince Ty to release the bug. 
This logic normally meets with whining 
and some pretty melancholy faces as Ty tries to plead his case. 
"But Mommy, he's my best friend!  I love him so much!  I don't ever want to let him go."

And finally he kisses his bug goodbye 
and then watches as it scurries away.

2 comments:

Nate Wendt said...

Ty should come over here and play with my boys. There are some seriously Jurassic Park looking bugs over here.

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

i love Ty's love for nature, such a good example!