Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our Little Student

Ty started attending preschool one day a week back in September, and he just loves it!  His teacher is Miss Reynolds and his class is small, only three other kids.  He quickly bonded with the other boy in his class, Zack.  Every Monday, Ty looks forward to school.

Before Ty entered school, I used to try to do a few school activities with him every week, but he had no real desire to sit still and look at letters or numbers and he'd get increasingly frustrated when I'd try to have him write his name; especially if I corrected the way he holds his pencil.  But Ty has really developed an interest in letters since he started school.  A few days ago, he was practicing his Ts on Mya's magnadoodle.  It was so cute, because he was in the other room playing by himself, and he ran out and with such excitement exclaimed, "Look!  I wrote the Ts from my name!"  Of course we had to document it.  Good job Ty!


No comments: