
1. Did you date someone in high school? Yes. I dated a couple of guys during my freshman year, but by the end of it I had settled on a senior Tone Te. I thought he was so hot, and I used to follow him around like a lost puppy dog. Once we finally met, we dated for almost five years.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't drive in high school. I was convinced that it was far too big of a responsibility for a teenager. So I waited... and waited. I think I got my driver's license when I was 19.
3. Did you pass your driver's license test the first time? Written, yes. Driving portion, no. I think it had something to do with not stopping at the stop signs...
4. Were you a party animal? Not at all. I was in love with Tone and I spent all of my time with him. No need to party when you are in a relationship, right? That can only lead to conflict.
5. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Not in high school. In middle school I played the clarinet, and well I might add. I was first or second chair all three years. Recently I tried to play, and couldn't hit a single note.
7. Were you a nerd? Maybe. I was a very good student. I was a bit of a recluse because of my steady boyfriend. I had my good friends, but I was on my own path and didn't ever rub elbows with the really popular crowd.
8. Did you ever get expended or expelled? Definitely not.
9. Can you still sing your fight song? No. All I can think of is Weber State's fight song...
10. Who were your favorite teachers? Hunna - Mr. Brown (history), Mrs. Rostkowski (creative writing), Mr. Barker (science), Mr. Elsey (environmental appreciation), Mik Mikalash (science).
11. Where did you sit at lunch? In Angie or Kristi's cars. We never stayed on campus for lunch. If we were broke, sometimes we'd swing by my house for a bite, since I lived so close.
12. What sports did you play? Freshman and sophomore years I played tennis. I got mad at the coach, Mr. Benson, sophomore year and ended up quitting.
13. Were you on any varsity teams? I played varsity a few matches before I quit.
14. School mascot and colors? Tiger. Orange and black.
15. Did you go to homecoming and who with? No. By the time Tone and I got together he was about to graduate. Although he would have been more than willing to take me to dances, I didn't want to make him, a cool college guy, go back to lame old high school events. I don't really regret it either; that kind of thing just didn't matter much to me.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? I loved elementry school and middle school and would do that again in a heartbeat. I certainly loved certain aspects of high school and am glad to have experienced them, but I don't think I'd do it all again.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember hanging out with Tone at his house. I didn't really want to go to our graduation party, but he convinced me to make an appearance. I remember signing yearbooks in the gym. And I think I recall a few tears over the end of an era.
18. Where did you go on Senior Skip Day? I don't remember a senior skip day either! If there was one, I probably spent it with Tone.
19. Were you in any clubs? I was on the Literary Harvest staff, and I think I was part of the Latin Guild.
20. Have you gained weight since then? Yes. Damn!
21. Who was your prom date? Didn't go.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? It's already passed. I didn't go, but my husband did (despite the fact he went to Layton, not Ogden High)... (he really only went to Brewski's the night my class was meeting there.)
23. Did you have a job while in high school? No, my parents still gave me an allowance; they wanted me to be able to focus on studies. I did work with my dad on a few jobs he was hired to do (painting murals and such).
I tag: Naomi, Sarah, Rachel, Nate, and Melissa.
















2 comments:
I remember Tone Te and you did hang out with him a lot. I remember when Tone did his Korean or Chinese rap up on the stage for the talent contest, still makes me smile.
Fun to read, Erin. Funny, I got my drivers license late too (I think 18) and failed the driving portion the first time. Also played the clarinet from 5th grade on! Haven't picked it up in years though.
Post a Comment