Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Naptime?

I am still a sucker for routines and Ty's naptime is still on my schedule; however, Ty may believe it's about time to drop that nap. Every day around 1:30, I put him down for his "nap." And every day he plays and plays and plays alone in his room. He pulls out every toy he owns and, as evidenced by the photos, he makes quite a mess.You may notice that there is a small gap in his blinds? Yep. That's Ty's handiwork too. He broke off part of one of the blinds. The next day I replaced the broken slat. Later that same day, he broke it again. And so it remains.
After a couple of hours of playing, he finally falls asleep. Sometimes on his bed. Sometimes on his rocking chair. Sometimes in a heap on top of his toys. But always with his blankie on his head.

My window for naptime may be closing, but I'll enjoy every nap I can get out of him! (Even if the aftermath involves a lot of cleaning up!)

3 comments:

Nate Wendt said...

That is funny that Ty sleeps with the blanket covering his head. My kids were always breaking the blinds too, I finally gave up replacing them.

monika said...

Hey Erin! How's the pregnancy going? Any news on boy or girl yet? Halle's dr. told me at 12 weeks she was a girl - gotta love technology! Anyway, try putting Ty down right after lunch (like 12 ish). That worked for Jack! Then he'd fall asleep right away instead of playing. He's 3 1/2 now and down to about 1 to 1 1/2 hour naps just recently...sad, but he's sleeping better at night, which is also good!

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

that is so cute!!!