
For the first time in eleven years, a candidate I voted for won! And it couldn't have come at a better time or with a better candidate -- this was worth the wait!

Never before have I been so passionate about an election. Never before have I been brought to tears with a swelling of pride and hope over a candidate. I've never been a political person, never been one to rock the boat -- but Barack Obama awakened in me this passion, and I became one of the millions of Americans who helped to make history!
This is an amazing moment in our lives and in American history. Not just because we've elected a African American man, a minority, someone who came from humble beginnings. Not only because it shattered the glass ceilling. Not just for the hope it will bring to our children, all of our children, who can now see that they truly can reach the stars. It is for all of these reasons, and because we have elected a man who understands the gravity of what he represents.

"America, land of dreams" -- now we've taken that claim back! Our President-Elect has lived that dream and should be an inspiration to us all, that if we fight for what we believe in, we can inspire change. As Barack said, What has made America great is her ability to change. Winning this election is not the end of our victories, but the beginning.
I am so excited to follow our new leader and see where he can take us! GOBAMA! YES WE CAN!
















2 comments:
Erin, This comment has actually nothing to do with our new president. I just checked out your pictures, etc. What a cute family! You look beautiful, your son is adorable. I love that curly hair. I need to ask your mom how she does it, honestly, she looks just like she did when she was my Kindergarten teacher. Amazing! How fun to see what you guys have been up to!
I didn't vote for either of the candidates, but I agree with you it is a very exciting time for our country. He is such a captivating speaker and his speech was really amazing! The polar opposite of our current president when he speaks, which is a very good thing! Did you happen to see Oprah yesterday, because it was all about Obama and his win. You would enjoy it.
Post a Comment