Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm Still Here in the Bathtub



Currently, this is Ty's favorite book. Dad and I read either this or Are you Quite Polite, silly dilly manners songs by the same author and illustrator depending on the night, or sometimes both. They are really fun books, even for the 482nd time! Here is one of the poems/songs:
__________________
I'm Still Here in the Bathtub
(to the tune of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame")
.
I'm still here in the bathtub
I'm so clean that I squeak
Mom says it's good to relax and soak
It's been two days... there's no room to breaststroke
Oh, this bathtub is like an island
On which I have been marooned
I am wrink-, wrink-, wrinkled so much
You can call me Prune!

I'm still here in the bathtub
My washcloth is just threads
Soap is all gone and there's no shampoo
Please lend a hand or just send a canoe
I know cleanliness is important
And I don't mean to complain
If I can't get outta this tub
I'll go down the drain!

I'm still here in the bathtub
Now it feels like a week
How many times do I have to rinse?
I scrubbed away all my fi-in-ger-prints
Oh, I think somebody is coming
There's now a knock at the door
Hello, Mom, no, don't take me out
Just five minutes more!
__________________

3 comments:

Nate Wendt said...

That is cool that you read to Ty. My boys love to have books read to them and sometimes they pretend like they are reading and start making up a story.

Family of 5 said...

Cute pic, your son looks like he is in the zone. Whenever we try to read to my son, my daughter comes along and tries to rip out the pages becuase she doesn't understand what is happening. Hardcovers only!

Erin said...

Yeah, board books are the way to go!