Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mya's Birthday

At 6:45 I could hear Mya stirring in her room.  She was listening to her musical mobile, which she now turns on by herself.  I went into her room and sang Happy Birthday, which she just loved.  She gave me a huge smile, and didn't even squirm while I changed her diaper.  I asked Daddy if he wanted to get up a few minutes early and have a birthday breakfast with us before he headed off to work for the day.  He agreed, so I began making blueberry pancakes and warming up some milk.  Soon we were all enjoying a family breakfast.  Then, much to my shock, Daddy decided to take the day off of work!  Hooray!
After our tummies were content, we brought out Mya's present... a baby stroller.  She was tickled and spent about 15 minutes pushing it around the house.

Next it was off on our morning walk.  Ty rode his bike, Daddy, Nicus, and I walked, and Mya got to ride in comfort.  After a short distance, Ty got tired and wanted to head back home, so Daddy and Ty turned around and Mya, Nic, and I continued on our way.

As usual, Mya wanted to get in the river.  So I let her wade in and then she spent about 10 or 15 minutes playing in water and "throwing" rocks.






After all that excitement, it was time for a bath and then a well earned nap.  Did I forget to mention Otter Pops too?  Nothing better than a nice cold Otter Pop to cool you down after a hot walk.  And no easier way for mom to clean up after Otter Pops than to just eat them in the tub!




After dinner, Mya had a small snack of chips, courtesy of Daddy.

Don't you just love her face?  She really looks like she's enjoying those chips, eh?


Then it was time for cake... but I didn't make a cake, so Mya got a birthday cookie.  (Don't feel too badly for her; we just ordered her ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins today for her party, so she will get a cake.  Just not homemade, and just not on her actual birthday.)

It was a fun day, and to make things even better, we got to go pick up Grandma from the airport that evening!  We're so happy to have her back from Spain!

3 comments:

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

sounds like a very special and fun birthday for mya. she is so ute, erin! i love thephotos where she is sitting by the river throwing in rocks. ;)

Nate Wendt said...

Mya looks like she had a blast, what a fun, relaxing day to spend with the family. She looks so happy throughout the entire day.

monika said...

So cute, Erin! Loved all the photos and the play by plays. I need to come walk that trail again...that river water looks tempting to me too! Can't wait to see pics of her party. :)