Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Squeak Shoes

So you've heard of squeak shoes, right? Adorable shoes with a little squeaker embedded in the heal of the shoe... the result: squeaks with every little step! Well Grandma bought Mya a pair (who am I kidding, she bought her two pairs, but the other pair is a bigger size so Mya will have to grow into those), and Mya's feet have now grown into these shoes, so today I put them on her for the first time. Initially she didn't look too sure about a new pair of shoes. She sat in the hallway, refusing to stand and just fondled her shoes.

Finally I got her up and a grin appeared. Squeak.............. squeak................... squeak......... squeak..... squeak... squeak.. squeak. squeak squeak squeak squeak! And she was off and running!


Surprisingly, I am not in least annoyed by the squeaking the shoes do. Check with me tomorrow though! ;) I'm actually liking them, because Mya moves so fast now, it's kind of nice to be able to hear where she is!

Ty couldn't resist having his photo taken too.

"Mom, please take one more picture of me! I'll be cute!"

2 comments:

Nate Wendt said...

Squeak shoes are cute on little adorable kids but they get real annoying when you see a three year old in them (yes, I have seen that). Mya looks cute in anything. Squeak away.

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

awwww, so cute!!!!