Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snow?!?!?

This morning we awoke to a blanket of snow! When I opened Ty's blinds, he ran to the window and repeated after me, "it's snowing!!!" Next he grabbed his shoes and pleaded with me to go outside. At first I told him we could go out as soon as we ate breakfast, but then the crying ensued. I try not to give in to temper tantrums but this time I just had to. He was so excited, after all, it's been a long time since he's seen snow. So we slipped his shoes on (we still don't have any boots) and put on his new coat (a birthday present from Grandma Ha Ha). I tried to convince him to wear a hat and gloves, but he was not having it. Somewhat bundled up, we ventured out into the four inches of freshly fallen snow.

Ty carefully descended the stairs stating, "slippy." Once we reached the bottom of the stairs, he didn't waste any time picking up fistfuls of snow. In the same manner in which he plays with dirt, there he stood letting the snow drop from his hands.

Next he tried his hand at throwing the snow. Unpacked, it just floated back to the earth.



Suddenly our romp in the snow was called to a halt when he realized that snow is cold and that it was stuck all over his hands, coat, and pants. "Dirrrty!!! Dirrrty! I dirrrty!!!!" And back inside we went.

Inside, Ty still cried that his hands were dirty. He didn't stop until we thoroughly washed them!

3 comments:

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

how cute is that? he is so funny! i can't believe it snowed today. it's so crazy!!!!

Sarah L. said...

It was 80 here! The picture of him in the bathroom with "dirty" hands is priceless--great story of the first snow of the season!

The San Diego Mills said...

How strange that it's already snowing there. I haven't seen snow in quite some time myself. He looks so ticked off about the hand washing, poor fella!